Study in German for International Students
Study in German Indeed, Germany has a lot of opportunities when it comes to Education and it’s often a priority for many students to go and study there when it comes to foreign education. However, there are certain criteria’s that need to be matched before a person tries to go abroad. Let’s start with the very basics such as Visa, Proof of financial resources and Skills of the German language .
Visa and it’s requirements:
- Now, when you’re coming as a foreign student to Study in German you definitely need an entrance visa.
- It depends upon where you are coming from and what’s your stay duration in Germany.
- Definitely you should be contacting the German embassy or the German consulate within your home country.
- The addresses can be found on German Federal Foreign office’s website. You should Submit the application
- for visa as early as possible, the processing of Visa can take several months and without a valid visa you won’t be allowed to enter any country.
- Be very careful that you’re applying for a student visa because a tourist visa cannot be converted into a student visa.
- Make sure you pre-plan the trip and schedule it in a manner that you’re able to take care of the administrative obligations.
- Make sure your passport is for the entire stay and doesn’t expires before you head back to your home country.
- You might need to extend the validity of your passport in that case.
Apart from this, you need to make sure you have all the required documents for visa application such as health insurance coverage, financial resources coverage, certificate for proficiency in German language, etc.
Proof of financial resources:
Now before you start with your studies, you need to prove it to the Eurasia institute‘ administration that you can financially support yourself.
Keep in mind that the rough estimate which includes study and other costs is around 8,700-9000 Euros for one year.
The name of the document is “Finanzierungsnachweis” and you’re asked for it while applying for an entry visa.
German Language skills:
There are German Language tests such as TestDaF or DSH, etc.
However, in case you’re enrolling yourself into an international degree program, there’s no need to necessarily learn German language.
- In most of the degree related program in Germany, German is the usual language of instruction.
- Apart from these, Aptitude test, Health Insurance, University Entrance Qualification are also a necessity.
- The University Entrance Qualification document is also referred as “Hochschulzugangsberechtigung”.
- Which is basically like a school leaving certificate which defines whether you qualify for university study or not.
- In case that certificate is deemed insufficient, you’ll be needing to attend a foundation course also referred as,
“Studienkolleg” before you decide to enroll.
And of course, you need a valid health insurance in order to prove that you are capable of applying to a university and getting a residence permit.
Apart from this, there is TestAS.
- which is a standard exam present to insure that the student can complete the degree program successfully.